The best Triathlon watches work like a personal, wearable “medical assistant” that keeps a record of athletes’ rigorous physical actions, such as workouts and competition performance, and delivers them instant updates about their exertion stages. Triathlons include extremely challenging physical activities, and athletes competing in these events need meticulous training.
To achieve their maximum potential, these athletes will profit by smartwatches that track their activities. Any physical impact can be judged promptly, and athletes can improve their performance. In other words, you can think of a triathlon watch as a “live data analytical tool” that reports your performance-related critical data with every step or even every breath.
Here is a list of 10 best triathlon watches that we have compiled for you with their specific structures, advantages, and disadvantages.
|Garmin Forerunner 910XT GPS-Enabled Sport Watch (Certified Refurbished)||This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com||Check Price|
|Suunto 9 GPS Watch||Intelligent battery modes and smart reminders||Check Price|
|POLAR VANTAGE V – Premium GPS Multisport Watch for Multisport & Triathlon Training (Heart Rate Monitor, Running Power, Waterproof)||ULTRA-LONG BATTERY LIFE: The Polar Vantage V Multisport Watch has up to 40 hours of training time with GPS active. As a premium, durable, and waterproof watch, the Vantage V can stand up to your toughest training and grueling races.||Check Price|
|Garmin Forerunner 935 Running GPS Unit (Black)||Premium GPS running/triathlon watch with wrist-based heart rate;Strap material : silicone ; Smartphone compatibility : iPhone, Android, Windows; designed for sale and support in North America only.||Check Price|
|Timex Full-Size Ironman Sleek 150 TapScreen Watch||TapScreen Technology Controls Stopwatch and Timers||Check Price|
|Polar V800 GPS Sports Watch||GPS SPORT WATCH: Advanced multisport GPS Watch for serious sports enthusiasts and professional athletes who want to reach peak performance, the built-in GPS keeps track of your ride, run or hike measuring your speed, distance and route||Check Price|
|Suunto Spartan Sport Wrist HR||Battery life up to 12H in training mode||Check Price|
|Garmin Forerunner 920XT Black/Blue Watch with HRM-Run||Note: This product comes bundled with an HRM-Run heart rate monitor with either a black front or a black front with a red border around it. The border color will not affect the functionality of the unit.||Check Price|
|TomTom Multi-Sport Cardio (Black)||TomTom Multi Sport Cardio Black Red||Check Price|
|TomTom Spark 3 Cardio + Music, GPS Fitness Watch + Heart Rate Monitor + 3GB Music + Bluetooth Headphones (Black, Large)||Bluetooth Music Player & Wireless Headphones: Included Bluetooth sport headphones have contoured ear hooks, are sweat and waterproof, last for up to 4 hours, and pair with your Spark and phone simultaneously||Check Price|
Be it any terrestrial or aquatic event, you can trust the Garmin Forerunner 910XT to help you well. It is one of those revolutionary sports watches that support GPS functionality and can be used while running, cycling, or swimming. That makes it the best suitable watch for triathlon training.
With this watch, you can track your soul rate while running or cycling, and switch to swim metrics in aquatic events. It has a wide range of these metrics, namely stroke identification, swim distance, and stroke calculation. But despite being tech-heavy, it is easy to operate and has a sturdy design.
It’s best feature is absolutely the multi-sport functionality, which allows you to change sporting events with a simple button push. You can also set up vibrating signals for reminding you of specific milestones, or even the essential time for taking your nutritional supplements. You can modify the screen of your Garmin Forerunner 910XT watch, compute your calorie intake based on your heart rate, and set up an alarm to go off when you complete any of your aims. It’s the ideal watch to help you monitor and develop your performance.
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
- GPS-enabled training device for multisport athletes.
- Tracks time, distance, pace (or speed), elevation (via barometric altimeter) and heart rate.
- Can be used for swimming, running and cycling.
- Battery life up to 20 hours. | Water resistant to 50m.
This watch efforts on providing an enhanced battery experience. The Suunto 9 GPS Watch boasts of an “intelligent battery” that has the ability to track exercises up to 120 hours continuously. Its software optimizes the battery while in use and warns you to set your watch for charging once the battery is nearing reduction.
It is specially designed for sporting events and delivers technical support for more than 80 sports as well as many multi-sport competitions. It shows your training summary in graphs and displays your data in tables.
It has a good GPS function that sets it among the top triathlon watches. For athletes competing in ultra-long events, the Suunto 9 GPS watch has a feature that helps distance and track monitoring in a more exact way. This triathlon watch also connects to an original Suunto app, where all your physical activities, sleep patterns, and complete fitness details are recorded. You can then use this data for analyzing your strength and softness. The app also has its own community where, like other social media platforms, you can share your essential fitness milestones with others and engage with like-minded people for instruction and encouragement.
- Intelligent battery modes and smart reminders
- Fused Track for better distance and track accuracy in ultra long runs.Operating temperature -20° C to +55° C / -5° F to +130° F
- Sport expertise and support for over 80 sports and multisport events
- Stay safe outdoors with storm alarm, weather trend and sunset/sunrise times
POLAR VANTAGE V – Premium GPS Multisport Watch for Multisport & Triathlon Training (Heart Rate Monitor, Running Power, Waterproof)
The Polar Vantage V comes with an ultra-strong battery that can withstand up to 40 hours of difficult training and has an active GPS.
This watch has two high-class features that put it in a class apart from other triathlon watches. The 1st is its amazing Polar wrist heart rate Technology. This latest technology offers wrist heart rate data and has the highest accuracy rate. Its 2nd special feature is tracking running power which, unlike other smartwatches, does not need any additional accessory pod.
With a mixture of heart rate data and running power, this watch measures your physical activity clearly and delivers instant data analysis so that you can judge how hard you are working and how much difference it’s making to your performance.
This triathlon watch can way both open water swimming and pool swimming. It has a multi-sport function to transition between events, such as swimming and cycling. It also has a long battery life, which can last up to 40 hours while running the GPS and heart rate style. And, as we said earlier, the best triathlon watch must be slim and lightweight, and the Polar Vantage V fulfills both of these criteria.
- ULTRA-LONG BATTERY LIFE: The Polar Vantage V Multisport Watch has up to 40 hours of training time with GPS active. As a premium, durable, and waterproof watch, the Vantage V can stand up to your toughest training and grueling races.
- POLAR PRECISION PRIME HEART RATE: Polar’s heart rate monitor watches redefine the gold standard in optical heart rate accuracy by combining the latest in bio-impedance electrodes and optical sensors.
- ADVANCED RUNNING POWER: Accelerate the effectiveness and precision of your training with running power. Captured for the first time EVER directly from the wrist, the Vantage V can help fine-tune your effort. This is the ultimate activity tracker.
- TRAINING LOAD PRO: The Vantage V is the ultimate fitness tracker, separating cardio load, muscle load and perceived load. Polar’s Training Load Pro provides an unparalleled look into how your training affects your body.
- RECOVERY PRO: Recovery Pro allows your fitness watch to take into account factors outside of training that can influence recovery, providing a holistic view of not only what you’ve done, but what you can do next for optimal results.
If you are routing for GPS technology and Wi-Fi in a triathlon watch, then the Garmin Forerunner 935 should top your list. Apart from these features, this triathlon watch provides advanced technological support for running, swimming, and cycling.
Not only that, but it can also keep tabs on your heart rate. The glass show of this watch is chemically strengthened, which adds to it’s durability. Its battery life is also notable and can run up to 24 hours in GPS mode and lasts up to fifteen days in regular watch mode.
The Forerunner 935 is water-resistant down to fifty meters and, due to the presence of Wi-Fi and other connectivity services, you can link this watch with a wide range of other electrical devices. Its special show screen keeps it transparent even in bright, sunlit outdoor conditions.
- Premium GPS running/triathlon watch with wrist-based heart rate;Strap material : silicone ; Smartphone compatibility : iPhone, Android, Windows; designed for sale and support in North America only.
- Offers advanced running and multisport Features in a comfortable watch you can wear all day, and it only weighs 49 grams
- Provides elevation changes with a built-in barometer; altimeter and electronic compass help you keep your bearings
- Evaluates your training status to indicate if you’re undertraining or overdoing it and offers additional performance monitoring Features
- Provides advanced dynamics for running, cycling and swimming, including ground contact time balance, stride length and more
If you are not looking for GPS functionality, then the Timex Ironman Sleek 150 will be a wonderful triathlon watch for you.
With a history of 30 years behind this watch, it’s not surprising that it once topped the charts of sports watches, only to be toppled by GPS watches in the succeeding years.
It is waterproof, lightweight, and thin triathlon watch with a large and clearly readable display. The screen is touch-sensitive, and you can activate numerous functions by tapping the display.
You can also program target-times in the watch, but it can’t track your speed or the distance of your laps. You can install audible reminders or alerts for many activities.
While this watch is not as tech-heavy and does not have as many features as you will find in GPS-enabled triathlon watches, it’s a favorite of people who favor simplicity. It’s for those who want only the essential features to help with their fitness training.
- TapScreen Technology Controls Stopwatch and Timers
- Easy To Use Menu Based System
- Stopwatch with 150 Lap Memory, Interval Timer, Target Pacer, & Hydration Alerts
- Durable Resin Strap with Buckle Closure
- Indiglo Light-Up Watch Dial
- Water resistant to 100m (330ft): in general, suitable for swimming and snorkeling, but not diving
The Polar V800 has been around for a few years’ as compared to most of the current watches. That is why it may not make it to the best of the lists featuring new and sophisticated sports watches. Still, it is a reliable and incredibly useful triathlon watch, especially for those who prefer to focus on tracking and analyzing their training programs in an easier way.
The Polar V800 has multi-sport functionality, including cycling, like other best of the line sports watches. It also has the rigid thin design gorgeous in such a watch.
You can link it with your smartphone if you want to get vital activity notifications. One of its special features is the heart rate screen. This monitor first gathers your data, and then, its software fast analyzes and reports the details of your overall fitness level and what kind of effect your training sessions are producing.
The Polar V800 has an extra special feature for swimmers. It can help screen your heart rate in real-time when you are busy slashing the water. It also shelters open water and pool tracking.
- GPS SPORT WATCH: Advanced multisport GPS Watch for serious sports enthusiasts and professional athletes who want to reach peak performance, the built-in GPS keeps track of your ride, run or hike measuring your speed, distance and route
- ADVANCED TRAINING WATCH: Create and customize profiles for different sports and get exactly the data and guidance you need for each activity
- FITNESS TRACKER: Combines training load with 24/7 activity data for true recovery status. Polar Flow web service compatibility with Mac OS X 10.6, OS X 10.7, OS X 10.8, or later, and PC Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, or later
- HEART RATE MONITOR INCLUDED: Use the Polar H7 heart rate sensor while training and even while swimming
- TRIATHLON WATCH: Compatibility with Bluetooth Smart running and cycling sensors provide even more details about your training. Compatible third-party power meters
- Resolution: 128 X 128; Water Resistance: WR30
This model is among the topmost triathlon watches as of its multi-sport and GPS functionality.
Like other watches, the Suunto Spartan Sport has swim chasing both in the pool and open water and has a wrist heart rate monitor.
It has been pre-programmed for more than eighty different types of physical activities of cross-training athletes. These sporting activities contain cycling, swimming, and running, and it’s easy to program this watch for tracking workouts and racing.
The Spartan Sport also supports you analyze your body’s reaction after a workout, and you can monitor this post-workout trend on a lasting basis.
Its battery life is rather low, though, and gives an average of only ten hours in GPS mode. For those athletes who compete in shorter triathlons and need a watch for general training, this much battery life per charge should be enough.
- Battery life up to 12H in training mode
- Steel bezel, mineral Crystal Glass, and an outdoor-grade color touch screen
- Strong and sleek design with100 mwater resistance
- GPS route navigation
- Sport-specific training modes and support for over 80 sports with racing and interval use
This triathlon watch is for those who are looking for tri-specific structures within a limited budget.
The 920XT includes structures like multi-sport functionality, a thin design, swim tracking (both pool and open water), and is compatible with numerous cycling accessories.
This watch will also deliver you data related to your training activities but mostly in numbers; it wants the advanced graphical analytical features of other watches. It supports Bluetooth, but no Wi-Fi connectivity is offered with the 920XT.
It archives basic data, such as distance, speed, and ascent/descent. It also has a notification function, and if you choose to synchronize it with your smartphone, you can get your email, call alerts, text messages, and calendar reminders on the watch.
- Note: This product comes bundled with an HRM-Run heart rate monitor with either a black front or a black front with a red border around it. The border color will not affect the functionality of the unit.
- RUNNING DYNAMICS When paired with the HRM-RunTM monitor, the Forerunner 920XT provides feedback on running form by measuring cadence, vertical oscillation and ground contact time.
- METRICS THAT MATTER Record speed, distance, ascent/descent, grade and more. Pair with ANT+ compatible sensors to measure heart rate4, speed, cadence and power. Control VIRB Elite action camera4 to record and relive your accomplishments
- SMART NOTIFICATIONS See incoming email, text messages, call alerts, calendar reminders and more from your compatible smartphone.
- VO2 MAX, RECOVERY TIME & RACE PREDICTOR Forerunner 920XT estimates VO2 max, recovery time and predicts your race times for several distances when used with heart rate. When used with a power meter, it estimates VO2 max for cycling as well.
This is extra triathlon watch that uses Bluetooth technology so that you can sync your smartphone with this watch to take advantage of numerous features and analyze your physical activities.
It has a scratch-resistant, impact-resistant display, so you can use it for at all activity. Apart from these features, the show of this watch is extra-large, providing an easy view of data during sporting activities.
It has GPS functionality and is waterproof down to 50 meters to defend it from any kind of water damage during swimming events. Compared to nearly high-end triathlon watches, the battery life of the TomTom Multisport is limited to nearly 10 hours in GPS mode but increases significantly if you are not using the GPS function.
It has vibration alerts that work as your reminder for a capability to-do list. The watch has a thin design and one-button control, which helps you switch its settings from one sporting occasion to another.
- TomTom Multi Sport Cardio Black Red
- Bluetooth Music Player & Wireless Headphones: Included Bluetooth sport headphones have contoured ear hooks, are sweat and waterproof, last for up to 4 hours, and pair with your Spark and phone simultaneously
- Waterproof Sport Watch: Multisport Mode tracks all your indoor and outdoor sports, including every run, cycle, swim and gym workout
- GPS Running Watch and Activity Tracker: Measures time, distance, speed, pace, calories burned and sleep. Coming soon, pick from over 50 workouts and get step by step guidance on the watch to help you achieve your goals
- GPS Watch with Advanced Features: 24/7 activity tracking, phone notifications, waterproof up to 40M and customizable straps
- Route exploration: Discover new routes, push your boundaries and never run the same route twice
by CNS Digital Marketing